Welcome to the Protection of the Blessed Virgin Mary Ukrainian Catholic Parish in Vancouver, BC. Known as St. Mary’s, ours is a church in the Byzantine Rite. The Parish is part of the Ukrainian Catholic Eparchy of New Westminster and is administered by Father Serafym Grygoruk, O.S.B.M.
Divine Liturgy Schedule (Catholic Mass)Sundays 8:30 am (partially sung – English and Ukrainian) 10:30 am (sung – Ukrainian) Weekdays 8:15 am Divine Liturgy First Friday 8:15 am Divine Liturgy
followed by Moleben to the Sacred Heart of Jesus or Mother of God Holy Days of Obligation 10:30 am and 7 pm Vespers 5:30 am Saturdays -Chapel
+++ Coffee and sweets are available following the 8:30 am and 10:30 am Divine Liturgy in the Fellowship Room. All guests and parishioners are invited. Historic collection of Ukrainian art work, embroidery and pysanky can be seen. The history of the parish religious order in pictures are displayed on the fellowship wall, dating back to 1927…
Please, consider reading the Epistle during the 8:30 AM Div. Liturgy. When you decide to do the reading, please, coordinate it either with Fr. Serafym or with Gerry Ukrainetz.
- 7:00 a.m. – Resurrection Matins, Divine Liturgy, Myrovannia – Anointing
with Holy Oil, Blessing of Paschal Food
- 10:30 a.m. – Divine Liturgy, Anointing with Holy Oil, Blessing of Paschal April 21: Easter Monday
- 9:30 am – Resurrection Matins and Divine Liturgy.
April 22: Easter Tuesday
- 9:30am. – Resurrection Matins and Divine Liturgy.
April 26: Saturday
- 9:00 am Divine Liturgy followed by UCWLC Meeting in the Fellowship Room.
- 2:00 pm – Graveside Services at Gardens of Gethsemani.
April 27: Sunday
- 12:00 p.m. – “Sviachene” Parish Easter Dinner in the Parish Hall. We encourage all Parishioners to participate as one family in this event.
A link to Easter traditions http://eastertraditions.wikispaces.com/Ukraine
—————————————————————————————————————April 28: Monday 7:00pm Parish Council Meeting Boardroom St Marys Ukrainian Catholic Centre 3150 Ash Street
Eastern Catholic Church
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJaI8PXkA0M Traditions of the Eastern Catholic Church